Because we share the same love for West Bali, its unique lanscapes, people and culture we decided to go for a close partnership with the Five Pillars Foundation, a community development organization which offers to our guests thematic journeys covering most cultural, artistic and natural treasures of West Bali. Six programs are proposed to our guests:
- The Richness of Nature: An Adventure into Local Sustainable Agriculture, which showcases the experiences of local farmers and how they produce products such as coffee, rice, cacao, mushrooms and coconut oil;
- Reconnecting with Nature: Exploring Paradise, which takes on a more recreational orientation and is designed for those who want to be physically active and explore nature;
- The Essence of Bali: Nature, Community & Spirit, which helps visitors explore Balinese perspectives on what it means to be a good human being and how to live in this world;
- Peoples & Communities of Bali, which provides a unique opportunity for visitors to meet villagers from various walks of life, including artists, local changemakers, craftmen and religious leaders;
- The Arts & Culture of West Bali, which showcases local artistic traditions such as ceremonies, music, dance, and knifemaking, and
- Bali Safari: The Plants & Animals of West Bali, which provides special emphasis on the lives of wild and domesticated animals and includes meeting rescued reptiles and other wildlife, butterflies, and domesticated goats.
On the picture, a good illustration of programme 5, discovery of the artistic life in West Bali: the picture was taken at one of artist’s house family in Melaya Sub-District. From left to right Rondy, Ganda, Dina (Dajuma), Gusti Biyang (Ulon craftsman), Alice (FPF), Aji Mang De (bamboo instrument craftsman) Alan (FPF) Mang De (Talented Artist) and Ngurah (FPF).
The best way to discover the hidden treasures of West Bali! Enjoy it!